Artists’ Legal Services Ottawa (ALSO) connects Ottawa-area artists with legal information to proactively provide legal strategies and solutions related to artists’ professional practice.
This dynamic non-profit organization is managed by volunteer lawyers, artists, and arts industry professionals who are dedicated to the cause.
Through the provision of programming and resources, we hope to broaden the awareness within our community of arts-related legal information while empowering artists to protect their interests.
ALSO is seeking two creative and engaged Ottawa-base individuals from the arts community to join our Board of Directors. We are looking for fresh perspectives to better understand artists’ needs and to establish a bigger footprint in Ottawa. Given ALSO’s mandate, we are interested in people who are passionate about engaging the arts community and connecting artists with legal information.
- Attend and actively participate in monthly Board meetings;
- Assist with planning and organizing ALSO’s programming, which sometimes means taking the lead on initiatives;
- Attend ALSO events, namely the quarterly panels;
- Promote ALSO programming in the community at large;
- Be a voice for the arts community and help ALSO improve access to justice for local artist.
REQUIRED ASSET QUALIFICATIONS:
- Involved in professional arts practice with exposure to multiple arts disciplines
PREFERRED NON-MANDATORY ASSET QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with a working Board structure, particularly in the not-for-profit sector;
- Knowledge of and experience with governance, financial planning / budgeting, grant writing, marketing, and graphic and web design;
- Bilingual (all meetings and events have thus far been in English).
You do not need to be a lawyer to be on the Board!
If interested, please send a cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com.